Friday 30 January 2015

High Gloss White and a wacky story.

Some days I feel like my life is a soap opera. You know the TV shows that everyone's mom used to watch. 
Does anyone watch those things anymore? Are they even on TV anymore? 

I'm going to try to cut this story down a bit. But lets start with this. 
I bought this amazing mid century dresser at auction. (along with the matching tall boy...but lets focus here) 
I turned it into this. 
 Lovely right? So I posted it on kijiji and had a lot of responses for it. It sold.

Now this is where the story gets interesting. 
I always try to be nice when responding to people online. I hate hate hate when people respond to ads with one or two words or worse...don't respond at all when you are trying to buy something. 
So I have made it my goal to always respond and be totally honest with them. I had to let everyone know that it sold. 
One of the people that was interested recognized my name in a responding email. 
Turns out she is the..........ready for this?

She is the second wife of my husbands first wifes, second husband. 
Got that? 
Go ahead and scratch your head for a min. 
See we (hubby and I) are a blended family. We've both been married before. Now his ex wife got married again....and then divorced, and married again. 
The second ex husband married again...and it was this person who messaged me. 

All of these marriages and divorces were years ago, and honestly I don't think anyone cares anymore. I certainly don't. And "D" doesn't either. We don't all hang out or anything, but we all have one thing in common.....our son. Poor boy now has three sets of parents. 
Anyway. 
Back to my story. She knows what I do for a living and she asked me to keep my eyes open for a dresser...we talked and I had a pretty good idea of what she wanted. 
It didn't take long and I ran into this while looking for something totally different. 

 Phone pics suck....but it is real. I saw this in a thrift store and knew instantly that it belonged to "D"
Texts were exchanged and this was loaded up. 

She was planning on painting it herself but once they looked at it they decided to let me do it. 
Apparently it was just easier......go figure :) 
And here she is. 



This is going into the bedroom of her daughter. I have the matching bedside tables...but they are not quite done yet. 

I've always said that there is no such thing as a "normal" family. 
But now I'm beginning to think that I should change that to "everyone's family is a soap opera" 

Sharing:
Miss Mustard Seed
  



1 comment:

  1. Funny enough, I got that right away...must be a blonde thing! *lol* As always, fantastic work on both pieces. Amazing what can be found at a thrift store... :)

    Mugsy

    ReplyDelete