Friday 16 May 2014

Summer time love Green Dresser

The rain has stopped....woo hoo! 

Holiday weekend here in Canada, and I'm now sitting at the cottage after painting the great room here for most of the day. Final coat of paint on the trim and some of the walls are now DONE!! 
I can't wait to finish this room and get it out of the way. I hate living in a disaster zone! 

But before I got here, I was able to finish off a wonderful little dresser. 

This is what she looked like when she came to me (yes, some pieces are she's and some are he's and some are gender neutral) :) 

What a cutie right? But the boxes weren't right. I mean if it was a bit taller then maybe. And this piece was missing the drawers. 
Sooooooooooo I ripped them off, fixed the top and decided to do one of my favorite colours on her. 

 I'm a green girl, and red and grey and.......ok, I'm a bit all over the place, but honestly if you were to ask my husband or my kids they would all tell you my all time favorite colour is green with red coming in as a close second.
 This girl was screaming to be heavily distressed, and really...when a piece of furniture screams at you, you sit up and listen right?
 I absolutely love how it turned out.
 I actually posted this on my Facebook page then went out and looked at it again, trying to place it in different rooms in my house...trying desperately to justify keeping it. It wasn't working :(
 Which really was ok since I went back inside and someone wanted her as badly as I did. So next week she is going to her new home...where there will be a place for her, and she will be loved.

 I would be sad to see her go, except I absolutely believe she is going to where she belongs.

Can't wait to hit the yard sales tomorrow...maybe, just maybe I will find another one as special as this girl is. 



7 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with that piece, wow, love it. Somebody is lucky to have snatched her up! Enjoy your long holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and how you painted it. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out gorgeous! I'm sure her new owners will love her! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great with its new paint job! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking makeover...like how you removed the boxes. You will be featured at my party on Monday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this dresser at Elizabeth and Co. Love the green and the other things on your blog. New like from Cathy Haley at Upwithfurniture.com. BTW I am also Canadian from Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete