Sunday 19 January 2014

Playing with PicMonkey

One of my goals for this year is to start taking better pics. 
I've been using Picasa for years and it's letting me down. Or I'm letting my editing skills down. 

Either way I thought I would play with pic monkey for a bit and see if I like it any better. 

There are pro's and con's to the program

Con- I can't make albums (if I can, please let me know) 
        - if there is a way to add a link..I would like to know that too
Pro's- well there are so many...and it's fun :) 


 I tried to get the lighting better...I seem to be able to do that in a hearbeat, big pro
 overlays are great,
 lots of edging options, but if you want the really cool ones you have to "upgrade" For Cheap umm Frugal people like me, this is a tough pill to swallow
 Again, linking is an issue.
 There is a focus thing in there that I'm just starting to play with, hope my hubby doesn't mind I used him as a guinea pig ;) 
See the difference in lighting? We were both at the same spot on the same day (Virginia mountains) last summer. 

So much to learn, so little time. 
If there is another program you like to use, please let me know, I'm really open to making this blog better :) 

Sharing:
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage 
Redoux Interiors 
Nancherrow 
  

1 comment:

  1. i love Picmonkey!

    and yes
    i'm too cheapo
    to upgrade

    but really
    there's so much to work with
    in the free option
    who needs to upgrade?

    your photos are lovely
    and i'm so happy
    you shared at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete