Monday 28 October 2013

A diamond in the rough.

What a busy busy Monday. 
I was blessed enough today to have my husband by my side. :) 
I seriously can't wait till he "retires" so we can spend every day together! 

I know all day every day might scare some, but not us. We can work in the same space without bugging each other. We can take short trips "to town" or just relax...ok the relax thing is something I'm working on, but we can do it together. 

He's really getting into this whole furniture things and loves helping me out. Today was no different. He has been working on getting a couple of doors together and I hope to share it all before the end of the week. 
While he was working on that, I managed to knock off two projects. One I'll share today and the other I will share on another day. 

I came across a library table similar to this
I apparently don't have a "before" picture. I get so mad at myself for no before pics sometimes. 
I stripped it down. Stained the top painted the bottom and then let it sit. 
It just didn't seem right. 
so it sat
and sat
and sat. 

 Finally a light bulb went off in my head and I knew that it needed more. 
Something to set this apart from the crowd. 
I looked at all my old pictures and came across this. 

It's a Harlequin dresser I did. You can read about it HERE

I liked the shape of the design, but wanted to kick it out of the park. 
And I came up with this. 
 I did the design. Actually I was a little ticked off that the taping off took more time than the painting. Reminded me of thanksgiving. SOOOO much work for something that is eaten in no time..lol
 But like Thanksgiving, it was so worth the effort!
 All of this is totally original.
 But paint doesn't hurt it even a little bit, along with a bit of glazing.

 A bit of distressing and more stain and it's all ready to go!



3 comments:

  1. That turned out really good, I love the different tones you used. ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out gorgeous! Love the diamond pattern on top. I'm featuring it in this week's PoPP Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for hosting each week and allowing me to share what I love :)

      Delete