Tuesday 5 June 2012

Waterfall dresser

On Monday I was blessed to have had the opportunity to have a relaxing pedicure with a good friend of mine. No no no, I'm not going to show pictures of my toes, although they are spectacular ;) 

After the Pedi, we decided to hit the re store in her city. Yes I traveled to a different city to have my ugly feet worked on, ohhh and it was a great excuse to hit up stores I don't normally hit up. I will definitely do that again. 

This is what I found


This is the most unique waterfall I've seen, I just didn't have the heart to leave it there. I had to take her home and fix her up. 

I had a few issues with staining through the paint..I primed and tried again. Eventually I gave up on the off white I wanted to use and mixed my own darker paint. Not to dark..but dark enough. 
This is what I came up with. 
 I love how it came out. I love that top piece.
 Some very cute detailing on the bottom.






The handles are original to this piece and I wanted to keep them. So out came the vinegar and they came out great. Up close they look brand new :) 
Hope you had a wonderful day as well. I can go to bed happy :) 

Sharing here:
Miss Mustard Seed 
Pandora's craft Box  

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely! Would love it if you linked it up to our new party. http://fullcirclecreations.blogspot.com/2012/06/its-time-for-all-star-block-party.html

    Holly

    ReplyDelete