Wednesday 28 March 2012

Creamy coloured Wardrobe

Ahhh the lightness of spring. 
It's my second favorite season of the year. (first has always been and will always be summer).
And seeing as it is spring, my thoughts and colours seem to lighten up considerably. 
Do you find yourself doing the same thing? For Fall and Winter, I tend to naturally lean towards darker clothes and darker, warmer colours for the inside of my house. 
But now I feel like opening the windows wide and letting all that wonderful natural sun light in, along with bright bright colours. 
And because that seems to be the mood I'm in lately, I finished my wonderful wardrobe in light airy colours. 
 This is the final piece I picked up when I picked up the Teal Beauties 

I just realized right now that I seem to have worked my way up from the smallest in this set to the largest. Hmmmm wonder if I was afraid of the size? na, I have no fear (cough cough) 
Oh well. Maybe I just left this last one till it warmed up enough that I no longer needed to haul it downstairs and I could work on it in my garage. That is the truth, I swear! 
This beast is so heavy my son and husband just looked at me like I had lost my mind if I thought for one second that they would kill themselves hauling it downstairs. 
But now it's warm enough and I'm happy to share my pictures with you. 
:) 
 I painted the outside a very light cream and contrasted the inside with a wonderful can of oops yellow. I know there are those of you out there that know the names of every single colour out there. Sorry I don't have a better description of this colour.
 I tried a new chalk paint recipe and I am "in love" Seriously, I'm going to have to share this one with you when I get home again (I'm at work). This is probably the best chalk paint so far, and the explanation given as to why it is so wonderful just seemed to make sense to me.
 After some slight distressing and sealing of the whole unit with my favorite sealant I sprayed the original handles again in this great black paint that actually looks and feels like "powder-coating" 
I was able to put it all together again.

 Sadly I could not even attempt to move it either indoors or out onto the driveway for much "cooler" pics.
I really hope this one finds it's forever home very soon. I have so many other projects on the list to get done and my booth is looking sparse. Need to fill that up as well. 
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone :) 

5 comments:

  1. All the pieces look fantastic!! Great work! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job. It is nice to see a fellow Canadian Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would like my other Blog better http://ontarioorganizedchoas.blogspot.ca/ We are getting snow today here in Norwood, Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the white and the fact that you painted the inside yellow. Looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a love for blogs that show old furniture bought back to a new and beautiful life. This piece is so splendid. I love the paint job and the hardware is exquisite. Please come and visit my blog; I would love to invite you to follow and I would even bake cookies and make fresh lemonade if I could. Your newest fan and follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete